- Foster innovations that will help slow the spread of COVID-19 in Massachusetts;
- Help Massachusetts manufacturers accelerate their operations to produce goods and services that can be sold to public and private buyers in Massachusetts and beyond;
- Build off of the success of the Massachusetts Manufacturing Emergency Response Team (MERT), which has assisted manufacturers to create critical PPE and other needed supplies; and
- Preserve and create jobs across Massachusetts.
Accelerator Program Overview
The Health & Safety Challenge will identify and select established Massachusetts companies to participate in a five-week accelerator that will help them grow next-level innovations that support the health and safety of businesses, communities, and people across the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Finalists will be selected by September 25th, with priority given to companies that have the potential to deliver solutions at scale in a short period of time. The five-week program will culminate on October 30th with a virtual pitch event and a $25,000 prize awarded to the winner, funding which will help kick start the commercial development of their products or services.
Types of Innovations Sought to Include, But Are Not Limited to:
- UV disinfecting technology;
- Air purification & ventiliation technology;
- Sanitization tunnels/booths;
- Touchless payment technology;
- Touchless door openers, elevator panels, etc.;
- Social distancing monitors; or
- Any innovation that can help slow the spread of COVID-19.
For more innovation examples and inspiration, please visit https://www.covidinnovations.com/.
To participate, companies must:
- Be headquartered in Massachusetts;
- Develop innovations that will preserve or create Massachusetts jobs;
- Have been operating for at least two years;
- Have 2019 annual revenue greater than $250,000.
|Release RFA||Monday, August 17, 2020|
|Application deadline||Friday, September 18, 2020|
|Finalists selected||Friday, September 25, 2020|
|Kickoff meeting*||Wednesday, September 30, 2020|
|Workshop 1*||Friday, October 2, 2020|
|Workshop 2*||Friday, October 9, 2020|
|Workshop 3*||Friday, October 16, 2020|
|Pitch Practice||Thursday, October 29, 2020|
|Pitch Event*||Friday, October 30, 2020|
*Intrapreneurs must attend each of these sessions. Kickoff meeting will take one hour. Workshops will take two hours.
For more information, contact us at COVIDChallengeInfo@leverinc.org