RFP No. 2023-GA-07
Massachusetts Technology Collaborative (“Mass Tech Collaborative”, “MassTech”, or “Owner”) is issuing this Request for Proposals for Cooling Tower Replacement and Preventative Maintenance Services (RFP No.2023-GA-07) (the “RFP”) to solicit responses from qualified contractors (“Respondents”) with experience in installing and maintaining cooling towers. Respondents will be competing against each other for selection to the project as set forth herein (the “Project”). The submissions of all Respondents shall be compared and evaluated pursuant to the evaluation criteria set forth in this RFP, and a single Respondent may be selected.
MassTech owns and operates a 10-building, thirty-six (36) acre campus located in Westborough. MassTech is seeking to fully replace the cooling tower located outside of its Innovation building. The current cooling tower was installed in 2005 and is a 82 ton, closed loop BAC VF1-048 made of galvanized steel. It has a capacity of 210 GPM from 110°F to 90°F at 74°F entering air wet bulb.
The selected contractor shall be responsible for the following tasks:
- removal of the existing cooling tower,
- ensuring that the existing concrete base and support structure for the equipment is in good condition and meets manufacturer specifications,
- installation of a new High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) cooling tower along with all associated controls and electrical work,
- connecting all piping with appropriate pitch, pumps, spray nozzle, sump heater, gauges and plate and frame heat exchanger, and
- proper disposal of all construction and debris.
Upon request during the site visit, MassTech can provide interested applicants with mechanical drawings along with specifications from the current cooling tower.
MassTech is seeking to have the cooling tower replacement completed by the fall of 2023.
Full details included in the Solicitation linked below.
|Mauricio Ramirez, email@example.com|
|RFP Issued:||June 6, 2023|
|Site Visits:||June 13 – June 23, 2023|
|Questions Due:||July 10, 2023|
|Answers to Questions Posted:||July 18, 2023|
|Responses Due:||August 15, 2023 (updated)|
Download Application Documents: